Who’s excited to ride in 2020? 🙋♂️ I am!
Come gather for a relaxed social gathering at Old Stove to chat bikes, get the juices flowing, discuss ideas, and make plans for the year.
Who's this meetup for?
Anyone who wants to ride bikes this year.
- If you're new to biking and looking for groups, come meet and learn about the community.
- If you have some ideas of places you want to go but are looking for ideas or information, this meetup is for you.
- If you don't have any plans, but are looking for ideas, come chat about ideas.
- If you're interested in organizing a ride, either one your own or a group social ride, and want some inspiration and ideas on how to do that successfully, come ask for advice. I (Zach) am working on building a guide for hosting and planning rides that I hope to complete before the event, but if not just come talk to me and I'll help you or direct you to someone who can.
- If you're planning a ride and looking for folks to join, come network and find other riders.
What to expect from the meetup
This will be mostly a casual social gathering, but I'll be doing a few things to help structure it a little bit.
- Event is 6-9pm but there's no major things happening at any point. Come and go as you please.
- At 7pm, I'll try to organize the stage for anyone who want to pitch a ride or idea to the group or is looking for help
- Fill out the pre-meetup survey and I'll print out the info for people at the meetup to connect over
- I'll have name tags, pens and paper for writing down ideas, and some regional trail maps to take home
- I will bring my own map and route collection to share for folks to peruse. Bring your own maps or bring a laptop if you want to look at online maps (the venue has wifi)
Ideas for discussion:
- Day rides
- Social rides
- Rides/events you want to happen but don't want to do yourself – I'll promote the ideas and hopefully get others inspired to do them!
Please fill out the pre-event survey to help bootstrap discussions. I'll share the responses with everyone at the meetup.
This is the inaugural meetup of this type but I plan to make this a regular thing. The goal is for this to be ride planning/ideating focused which I plan to loosely organize by sharing peoples ideas ahead of time to help people connect and by providing some resources to help people plan their routes.
Let's meet at Old Stove Brewing in the Market expansion. It's huge with some big long tables in the middle of which three I've reserved for the night (seating up to approximately 36 people). Please RSVP so we can accommodate for more if necessary!
Bring maps or a laptop if you like (they have wifi). I'll bring a pile of my own maps/ride planning resources to share.
About Everyday Rides Seattle Fans
No photos yet!
DATE CHANGE: I made some last minute new years travel plans which unfortunately conflict with the current date so I'm postponing this a week. I hope that everyone will still be able to come!
New Date: Wednesday, January 15th
Cant make it but ill be posting a bunch of rides the shop is doing next year hopefully before then.
Just added! Please fill out the pre-meetup survey: https://forms.gle/cmVpky5E1pccCZ3m7
It’s linked in the event if you don’t have time now. The goal is to encourage folks to think about things ahead of time and help connect more easily at the event. I’ll share the submissions ahead of time and bring some name tags if people want to identify themselves at the meetup.
I’ve not tried this before but hopefully it’ll be helpful for some people.
I’m excited for Wednesday! It’s looking like it’ll be a great turn out. Don’t let the snow and cold keep you from coming out!
If you are interested in connecting with others you might not know or are up for giving advice about your expertises, please fill out the pre-meetup survey. I’ll share the responses with everyone at the meetup. I expect it to be a pretty casual gathering, but I’m hoping with a little organization I can help build some bridges and make the meetup more accessible for everyone.
And please invite anyone who might be interested! Im hoping it will be accessible for all levels of new and experienced planners and riders.
Thanks to the 8 folks who filled out the survey! If you haven't yet, please do!
I'll make these easier to browse tomorrow, but you can check out the responses now if you're interested in getting ideas: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdSFGW0ZW3Oizjw4eE6DpeVsq298In8FQue37ZyWy2ioqKmLw/viewanalytics
This is tonight! Hope to see everyone there. I'll be there by 6!
Heading that way!
THANK YOU so much to everybody who came out last night! It was such an amazing success in my book. I had so much fun. I'm excited about all the enthusiasm everyone brought to ride planning and I'm excited to hear about all the cool trips everyone does.
Important note on joining rides: One big thing I intended to share with everyone at the event is a disclaimer that I hope people will respect that while this was a great way to meet people and ideate on ride plans in a group setting, it is up to each person to decide who they want to invite to their rides. There are many reasons why someone may or may not want to ride together and I hope that everyone will respect the boundaries of all ride hosts in choosing who they want to ride with. I don't expect to be invited on anybody's ride unless they decide to invite me and I hope that others can respect that as well. It seems like many connections were made and I hope that positive experiences result from what came out of this meetup.
I organized all the info from the survey and from the sheets people provided and put it in an Airtable document for everyone to see. I'm thinking a lot about what the next iteration of this event will look like and how to better facilitate all the discussions and ideas that were swirling around last night. For now, this is the best I've got: https://airtable.com/shrXuOjGjCOulzmKl (invite link to edit)
And here is the ride planning doc that I printed out a few copies of which I hope will provide value for people. I am interested in any feedback as well. If anybody would like a doc file, please ask me. https://everydayrides.com/group-ride-guide
Also: Someone left a small yellow pad w/ a todo list and notes about Goldmeyer and an email address. Email me if it's yours.